WELFARE OF SCHEDULED CASTES
- ENCOURAGEMENT TO INTER-CASTE MARRIAGE
A sum of Rs.2,50,000/-As FD is granted to the married couples provided that one of the spouse belongs to S.C. Community. The applicant shall apply on plain paper alongwith SC certificate, marriage Registration Certificate and proof of their residence of 3 years in Chandigarh with photographs of their marriage.
- POST NATAL ASSISTANCE SCHEME FOR SCHEDULED CASTES WOMEN.
The scheme aims at providing direct benefit to Scheduled Caste Women who are living below poverty line to enable them to maintain their health after delivery. Under the scheme a sum of Rs.2000/- is being given to the S.C. Women at the time of first and second delivery. Criteria for this benefit is as under:-
- (i) Family income should not exceeds Rs.24,000/-
(ii) Applicant should be resident of Chandigarh for the last 3 years.
- APNI BETI APNA DHAN
- A Scheme known as Apni Beti Apna Dhan was introduced during 1997-98 for the Scheduled Caste families whose annual income is upto 60,000. An amount of Rs.5000/- on the birth of girls child is being deposited in the name of girl child in the children growth fund. This benefit is given subject to the following criteria :-
- Either of the parents of the girl should not a Govt. employee or of any Govt. Board or Corporation or any Public Sector Undertaking or organization having Class I or Class II status.
- Either of parents is not income tax payee.
- The total income of family does not exceed Rs.60,000 p.a. if either of the parents is not covered under above two clauses.
- The girl child is either the first or second child of the family. Family having more than two children will not be eligible.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR THE MARRIAGE OF DAUGHTERS OF WIDOWS/ DESTITUTE WOMEN.
Financial Assistance of Rs.20,000/- is provided for the marriage of daughters of Widows/ Destitute Women belonging to the Scheduled Caste Communities who are living below poverty line. The assistance is admissible for the marriage of two daughters in a family.
- DEVELOPMENT OF SKILLS AMONGST SC CHILDREN LIVING IN JHUGIES AND SLUM AREAS.
Under this scheme training in Stenography, Cutting, Tailoring, Computer Course, Beautician course etc. is provided to the SC children living in slum and Juggis. This scheme is being implemented through the Chandigarh Child & Women Development Corporation.
- WELFARE OF CHILDREN
I. Pension to Widows and Destitute Women
This is a U.T. budget scheme and each beneficiaries is given Rs.1000/- p.m. The eligibility criteria for the grant of this benefit is as under:-
- The applicant (women) in the age group of 18-59 years who have been left without sufficient means of subsistence after the demise of her husband or has been deprived of financial support from her husband because of his continues absence or because of physical/mental incapacity or desertion by her husband or any other reasons.
- The applicant must have been resided in UT, Chandigarh for more than 3 years at the time of making an application.
- The women who belong to the family wherein their family income does not exceed Rs.12500/- p.m.
II. Creches for the children of working mothers
44 creches for children of working mothers are being run through various voluntary organizations as per approved norms.
III. National Family Benefit Scheme
Objective; To provide financial assistance to the family on the death of Bread Winner.
- Family living Below Poverty Line.
- The age limit of the deceased should be 18-59 years death on or after 18.10.2012 & age limit of the deceased should be 18-64 yrs death before 18.10.2012.
- Resident of UT, Chandigarh for last three years
- Death Certificate of the primary bread winnder.
- Yellow Card (BPL) (Valid)
- Residence proof (voter card, ration card)
- Aadhar Card
- Bank account with IFSC code and cancelled cheque
Pattern of Assistance
- Rs. 10,000/- will be provided on the death prior to 18.11.2012.
- Rs. 20,000/- will be provided after the death on or after 18.11.2012.
IV. Nari Niketan
Nari Niketan at Sector 26 Chandigarh has been set up to provide shelter and protection to destitute, deprived, socially marginalized women in difficult circumstances for motivation of better life by way of earning income. Mathii making project are being carried out in the institution by the Chandigarh Child & Women Development Corporation. A vocational Training Centre has also been constructed in the premises of Nari Niketan.
- WELFARE OF HANDICAPPED
I. Pension to disabled persons
Persons who are blind, deaf, orthopaedically handicapped who suffer from 40% to 70% disability are getting disabled pension @Rs.1000/pm and disability above 70% are getting disabled pension @Rs.2000/pm.
(i) The applicant should be resident of Chandigarh for the last three years.
(ii) Income limit for getting Handicapped Pension is Rs. 12500/p.m.
II. Petrol Subsidy
Handicapped persons who are owner of motorized vehicles are entitled to 50% subsidy on actual expenditure on purchase of petrol/ diesel. The physically handicapped persons having an income upto Rs.12500/- per month from all sources are eligible for subsidy. Those physically handicapped persons who are already in receipt of the conveyance allowance either from any voluntary or State source shall not be eligible for grant of subsidy on purchase of petrol/ diesel.
III. Assistance to handicapped persons purchase of AIDS/Appliances
The financial assistance is provided to physically handicapped persons for purchase of Aids/ Appliances to increase their mobility in their day to day working. The quantum of assistance is determined in proportion to the income of the applicant. Monthly income of the applicant from all sources should not exceed Rs.12500/-. The applicant is entitled for the 100% cost on purchase of artificial limbs/ aids/ appliances subject to maximum of Rs.40,000/-
V. Unemployment allowance to the disabled persons
The Social Welfare department is providing Unemployment Allowance to the disabled persons. The assistance of Rs. 500/- in addition to Disability pension is entitled.
The eligibility criteria for availing this benefit is as under:-
- The applicant should be resident of Chandigarh for the last three years.
- Income limit for getting handicapped pension is Rs. 12500/p.m.
- Should have registered with Employment Exchange, U.T., Chandigarh from last 2 years
- WELFARE OF AGED
(I) Old Age Pension Scheme
Old Age Pension @ Rs.1000/- p.m. is being given to the eligible old age persons in U.T. Chandigarh, whose minimum age is 60 in case of both male and female.
The eligibility criteria for grant of old age pension is as under:-
(i) The applicant should be resident of Chandigarh for the last 3 years.
(ii) Income limit for getting handicapped pension is Rs. 12500/p.m..
(II) Senior Citizens Home
Senior Citizens Home is situated in Sector 43-A, Chandigarh. The main objective behind setting up this home was to give secure and homely atmosphere to the well off citizens who have paying capacity but living alone in Chandigarh. There are 24 rooms with attached toilets, a health center, Multi-purpose hall and a Day Club. In case of emergency, there is medical tie up and ambulance arrangement with the Government Medical College Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh. This home is being managed by the Chandigarh Child and Women Development Corporation.
(III) Old Age Home
Grant in aid is being given by the Social Welfare Department for running the Management of Old Age Home in Sector 15, Chandigarh. At present, the Home is being managed by the Lions Club Chandigarh Central. All the needs of the Old & Destitute People are being looked after well in this Home.
CHANDIGARH SCHEDULED CASTES, BACKWARD CLASSES AND MINORITIES FINANCIAL AND DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED.
Chandigarh Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes and Minorities Financial & Development Corporation Limited is providing loans for self-employment ventures to poor eligible applicants i.e. Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes, Minorities and dependents of Safai Karamcharis and free training in various field with stipend such as Computer, Community Health Workers, Driving, Stenography, Tailoring, Dress Designing, Beauty Culture etc.
CHANDIGARH CHILD & WOMEN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED, CHANDIGARH.
The Chandigarh Child & Women Development Corporation is engaged in the economic development and welfare of women and children in U.T., Chandigarh. This Corporation is also the channelising agency of National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation for Welfare of Handicapped persons. The corporation has provided loan for self employment, It provides training in tailoring courses Dress Designing course, Computer course, Beauty Culture and Stenography course. This Corporation has a Tailoring Production Centre, which undertakes sewing work from general public Govt. Institutions and other organization. This Corporation is also running a working women hostel in Sector 24 which can accommodate 72 inmates.