NARI NIKETAN SECTOR-26 CHANDIGARH
Nari Niketan was set up in the year 1979 and functioning in a Government Building in sector-26 Chandigarh with a capacity to accommodate 25 residents. This institution was established to give protection and rehabilitation to the deserted, destitute female and unwed mothers, facing moral danger who are in need of protection and to retain the women and girls sent by the Court of Law facing trial under the suppression of Immoral Traffic in women and girls Act of 1956 and also under the Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection) Act ,2000. Nari-Niketan has been declared as Special Home/Children Home and Observation Home for the temporary reception of female juveniles, during the pendency of any inquiry/proceeding regarding them under the Act.
The facilities being provided in the institution are as under; -
- Staff deputed- There are attendants & lady constable available 24X7 in rotation for their safety& security and cooks for cooking foods, sweeper for the residents.Food- The Cook prepare & serve the food to the residents.
- Clothing- The unstitched suits are provided to the residents during every winter & summer season, the residents stitch their own suits under the supervision of craft teacher.
- Medical Treatment- The team of doctors including department of Psychiatry, Skin,
General Medicine &Gynecologist from GMCH-32 & GMSH-16 hospital visit on weekly basis for the routine check-up of the residents.
- Entertainment- Colour T.V. has been provided, Material for indoor & outdoor games has been provided.
- Refrigerator, Washing Machine and Sewing Machines &Embroiderymachine have been provided.
- Training in Tailoring and Cutting- The Craft teacher provide training to the residents in cutting &tailoring. Paper bag making, candle making & other craft work including card making also provided.
- Education- Education facility being provided through NIOS to those who intend to study. One of the resident had done matriculation through NIOS also she gets enrolled for class +2. As she was young & wanted to be self-dependent so she was shifted Savera Shelter Home with court orders. There she completed her +2 & at present she is doing job & earning well.
- Excursion- The residents are taken to eminent places of Chandigarh & nearby places on monthly basis