SENIOR CITIZEN HOME, SECTOR 15 -D CHANDIGARH
The Management of the Senior Citizen Home, Sector 15 Chandigarh has been taken-over by the Chandigarh Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes and Minorities Financial and Development Corporation Limited vide Social Welfare order No. SW1/OAH/2007/1322 dated 27.7.2007. The Social Welfare Department, Women and Child Development U.T., Chandigarh releasing grant in aid to the Corporation for running the Senior Citizen Home.
Criteria for admission:-
- The applicant should be poor and should not have any source of income/property.
- He should be above the age of 60 yrs.
- He should preferably be resident of Chandigarh.
- No relative should be ready to look after him/her.
Facilities to residents in the Home:-
- All expenses on account of boarding and lodging are borne by the this Corporation.
- The pocket money @ Rs.1000/-- p.m. to each residents is being paid.
- Free Medical facilities are also provided to the residents.
- Bhajan Kirtan-Sukhmani Sahib/Sunderkand Path/ Sai Sandhya’s.
- Celebration of all festivals.
- Holy trips/Outing.
- Cultural programmes.
- Daily Yoga classes.
- Meditation programmes.
- Games/Entertainment like Tambola, Ludo, Card playing, news reading, Movies etc.
- Group discussions /Special mind games for dementia patients etc.
- Special Lunch once in a week.
Facilities in the Rooms of Residents:-
- Proper bedding (Single bed Mattresses, Bed Sheets pillow, Quilt, Blanket, Khes etc.)
- Blowers/Room Heaters in winters.
- Room Coolers.
- Almirah/cupboards, Iron Racks, Wooden Stools, Modern electric fitting.
- Modern attached Washrooms with all the facilities like Geyser, Washbasins, modular bath fittings etc. in each bathroom attached with room.
- Induction Chullah and Refregerator on sharing basis.