UTCPS (Union Territory Child Protection Society)
UNION TERRITORY CHILD PROTECTION SOCIETY (UTCPS), Chandigarh under the aegis of Department of Social Welfare, Women & Child Development, Chandigarh Administration was setup in 2011 under Child Protection Scheme launched by the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Govt. of India.
UTCPS ensures the effective implementation of Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2015 and rules framed there under in the State. At State level, Union Territory Child Protection Society (UTCPS) and State Adoption Resource Agency (SARA) has been set up and at district level, District Child Protection Unit (DCPU) has been established.
Functions of the Society:
- It ensures effective implementation of child protection legislation and services in Chandigarh.
- To ensures the effective implementation, supervision and monitoring of Child Protection Scheme & Juvenile Justice (care and protection of children) Act 2015 and all other child protection scheme/programs and agencies/institutions in Chandigarh
- To ensure Setting up, supporting & monitoring performance of District Child Protection Unit and proper flow & utilization of funds to the districts through Child Protection Scheme and Juvenile Justice Fund
- To addresses the road-blocks, issues, complaints received regarding care and protection of children
- As a funding agency it provides grant-in-aid and support to Child Care Institutions, non-institutional care programs and statutory bodies functioning under JJ Act 2015.
- To promote and strengthen non-institutional care through Sponsorship, Adoption (in-country & inter-country) and Foster Care Schemes in Chandigarh
- To ensure the strengthening of child protection safety net at family & community level through networking and coordinating with all government departments to build inter-sectoral linkages on child protection issues in Chandigarh.
- To ensure that a protective and conducive environment is provided to children living in institutional and non-institutional care.
- To raise public awareness, educate public on child rights and protection of children.
- To undertake regular training and capacity building of all the stakeholders and functionaries working under child protection.
- To undertake research and documentation.
Non Institutional Family Based Care Services in U.T. Chandigarh-
Child Adoption- Adoption means the process through which the adopted child is permanently separated from his biological parents and becomes the lawful child of the adoptive parents with all the rights, privileges and responsibilities that are attached to a biological child (as per Section 2(2) of the JJ (C&PC) Act, 2015).
For, detailed information and registration for adoption, please visit following links respectively or contact State Adoption Resource Agency, Sec-19/B Chandigarh at 0172-2548000:
Contact Details/ Email Address & Phone/ Mobile No.
Union Territory Child Protection Society (UTCPS) under the aegis of Department of Social Welfare, Women & Child Development, Chandigarh Administration, Near Vatika School, Sector- 19/B, Chandigarh Contact No. 0172-2548000
Email id- email@example.com