// Headlines

The Financial Assistance To Dependent Children of Widows And Destitute Women

Objective: To extend financial assistance to such children who are fatherless or whose parents (both mother and father) have died.


  • The Children of widow and destitute women under 18 years of age who have been deprived of parental no support or care after their parent's death or continued absence from home.
  • Whose mother is getting pension from Social Welfare Department under the scheme of financial assistance to widow and destitute women.
  • Children who have been given institutional care by government/NGO shall not be eligible for financial assistance.
  • If parents of child have died, the assistance will be provided to legal guardian.
  • Resident of UT, Chandigarh for more than 3 years.
  • The Child/Children is/are not in receipt of family pension from any State/Central Govt.


Required documents:(Self Attested Photocopy)

  • Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Births & Deaths.
  • Certificate from Head of an Educational or Technical Institution last attended.
  • Residence proof of last three years (Voter Card, Ration Card, Electricity Bill etc) of legal guardian (in case of both parents died)
  • Aadhar Card of widow mother or legal guardian.


Pattern of Assistance:

  • Rs 1000/- per month (w.e.f. 1/1/2016) per child upto two children in a family to meet the cost of maintenance and education.

Contact Us